What Can Severe Winds Do to Your Erie Residence?
High winds can be prevalent year-round in Erie and Warren Counties. When these storms kick up in our backyards, it can be extremely destructive. SERVPRO of Erie and Warren Counties suggests always paying attention to weather advisories and heed their warnings. We know firsthand how dangerous these events can be! Before a storm is ever on the horizon you should always have a preparation plan in place to prevent any potential damages your residence. The National Weather Service gives a great checklist to help and ensure this!
- Trim Trees and Shrubs
- Trees close to your home can snap or uproot.
- High wind can turn branches into projectiles during the storm.
- Remove debris from your yard
- Bring in outdoor furniture.
- Lawn chairs, trampolines, pool supplies, etc. can be turned into flying debris.
- Reinforce garage doors
- This will prevent wind from entering and causing dangerous/expensive damage.
- Proper Maintenance
- Ensure that roofing materials, fencing, etc. are properly maintained and in good condition.
- This will allow them to be more resistant to wind damage.
SERVPRO of Erie and Warren Counties is locally owned and operated, so we are part of this community too. When you have a cleaning or restoration need, we are nearby and ready to help. We are a Fire and Water - Restoration and Cleanup company. We are Here to Help, 24/7. For immediate assistance give us a call at (814) 806-1987 or visit us on our Website.