What to Do During a Fire in Edinboro, PA
Do you know what to do if a fire were to occur in your home? Whether you or home or not, it is important to know what to do in this emergency. By knowing beforehand what to do during a fire, you will better prepared if that time ever comes. Here are some tips from Ready.gov:
- Drop down to the floor and crawl low, under any smoke to your exit. Heavy smoke and poisonous gases collect first along the ceiling.
- Before opening a door, feel the doorknob and door. If either is hot, or if there is smoke coming around the door, leave the door closed and use your second way out.
- If you open a door, open it slowly. Be ready to shut it quickly if heavy smoke or fire is present.
- If you can’t get to someone needing assistance, leave the home and call 9-1-1 or the fire department. Tell the emergency operator where the person is located.
- If pets are trapped inside your home, tell firefighters right away.
SERVPRO of West Erie County are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (814) 806-1987 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!