5 Ways to Prepare Before Strong Winds Hit Your Cranesville Home
Strong winds typically occur in the summer and fall months when thunderstorms are most likely to occur.
Strong winds typically occur in the summer and fall months when thunderstorms are most likely to occur. Generally, thunderstorms and strong winds go hand in hand. If you are expecting a strong thunderstorm to head your way, here are some tips to prepare before it hits:
- Trim tree branches away from your house and power lines.
- Secure loose gutters and shutters.
- Identify an interior room of your house, such as a basement or interior bathroom, that you can take shelter in during high wind warnings.
- Update your emergency kit and be sure to include enough food and water to last for 3 days for each person in your home.
- Make a list of items outside your home you will need to tie down or put away so that they don't blow away or fly through a window.
SERVPRO of West Erie County specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup. We understand that if you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (814) 806-1987 or visit our Website. We are always Here to Help!