Plan Ahead For Thawing Snow in Erie, PA
One of the biggest complaints about weather in and around Erie is that it is so unpredictable. Monday could bring sunny mild weather and by Wednesday we could have snow covering the ground. This unpredictability is annoying, but it can also cause some water damage in your home.
When snow thaws near and on top of your house, it could be dangerous. Here’s a few tips on how to prevent the changing weather from damaging your home:
- Shovel heavy snow off of your roof, stand on the ground to do so or call a professional.
- Properly seal anything exposed to the outdoors such as windows and walls.
- Check for ice dams.
- To prevent snow from entering the foundation of your home, shovel snow closest to your home away.
- Check your roof, basement, and other vulnerable areas frequently.
If these efforts aren’t enough and you experience some water damage in your home, SERVPRO of West Erie County can help. We’re faster to any size disaster and have the experience and equipment to get your Erie home back to preloss condition fast.
SERVPRO of West Erie County has many water damage repair and restoration services that include:
- Water removal and extraction
- Drying and dehumidifying
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Home restoration
- Mold cleanup and remediation
SERVPRO of West Erie County is locally owned and operated and committed to providing services to get your home to pre loss condition fast. Call us today at (814) 806-1987 or visit our Website to begin getting your water damage needs solved.