What is Your Weather Personality Type?
When you wake up and the sun is shining, do you automatically feel better? Does dreary, rainy weather make you want to stay curled up in bed all day? Science has not been able to prove yet if weather affects our mood, but it has an influence on our lives.
The 4 Types of Weather Personalities:
- Summer Lovers: better mood with more sunshine
- Summer Haters: worse mood with warmer weather
- Rain Haters: bad mood on days with more rain
- Unaffected: do not necessarily correlate mood with weather
If rainy days get you feeling down:
- You are not alone. According to one study, nearly nine percent of people feel angrier and less happy on days with more precipitation. Another study showed that rain even increased the number of negative posts on social media.
- When it starts getting dark and dreary, turn on the lights instead of crawling into bed. Some research indicates that light boosts serotonin levels which makes you feel happier.
- Other ideas to boost your mood include exercising, connecting with friends, watching a rom-com, or playing a fun game.
Warmer is not always better:
- Most research points to cheerier moods when the sun is shining.
- In some people, warmer weather can lead to more aggressiveness, irritability, and violence.
- If you find yourself in a lower mood during the warmer months, do your best to stay inside air-conditioned homes and businesses.
If you find yourself feeling emotionally overwhelmed as the seasons change, you may have a form of depression called seasonal affective disorder.
If you need help after heavy rains or a storm, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of West Erie County! We are here to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Our professionals are certified water and fire restoration experts.
Give us a call today! (814) 806 1987
Connect with us on Facebook